Surf Sport General Information
Surf Life Saving provides an amazing array of competition options and Sorrento SLSC is no exception. The different disciplines range from beach running, ‘flags’, board events, surf swimming, surf skis, IRB’s and surf boats. Alongside this are the vital disciplines of Rescue and Resuscitation, know as R & R and First Aid and March Past competitions. This wide range provides all members of the Club with an opportunity to become involved in competition, especially as most disciplines are split into Under 14's, Under 15’s, Under 17’s, Under 19’s, Open and Masters.
Coaching and training is conducted in the many disciplines throughout the season and Club swims, runs and other competitions are conducted within the Club on Saturday mornings. Please download the PDF file below to get a printable copy of the weekly training schedule for all disciplines or visit each discipline page to review the specific schedule for that discipline.
Club events and points swims are held on Sundays. We encourage all members to attend our Sunday morning sessions, registration at 8.15 Swim at 8.30am
Interclub competitions in various disciplines as well as multidiscipline carnivals are available for members to compete in throughout the season.
The competition season culminates in the State Surf Life Saving Championships and then the National Surf Life Saving Championships at Scarboro WA.
Rack Space Allocations
Allocations are under constant review. Those people who dont use their ski's regularly for competition events and training may be asked to take their ski home to make a space for those people who do and are in the queue waiting for a spot.
HOW TO ENTER SLSWA CARNIVALS
Online Payment of Carnival Fees
Use the following link to access the SLSA Online Payment System
- Follow the step by step instructions.
- Ensure you put meaningful information in the memo field i.e. : Your Name; date of carnival; type of carnival ski, swim etc .
- Once your payment is submitted the system automatically sends an email to the club.
- Please keep your receipt. Any queries please email email@example.com
- Please note that the cut-off time for entries for carnivals is always MONDAYS at 12 noon prior to the carnival, any payments received after this time will incur a late penalty fee (office is only open until 2pm on Mondays and entries can only be done until 2pm). Don't be confused by SLSWA on the My Beach website stating entries open until 11pm, office staff can only enter members until 2pm and also members who have paid, NO entries will be done without payment - please contact the office if you need more information/clarification.
Board and Ski Rack Applications
Applications for 2016/2017 SOSLSC Board and Ski Rack Storage will close on the 5th September, 2016.
If you wish to apply for craft storage please copy or type the link below into your browser and complete the electronic form to have your application considered.
Applications close: 5th September, 2016
Please see below forms for entries for the Aussies 2017. (Sorrento SLSC - Touring Team) Please return these forms to Jess in the office or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make payment on the online portal above.